New owner of top hotel revealed
THE new owner of one of Suffolk's most prestigious and historic hotels was revealed last night.Thorpeness and Aldeburgh Hotels Limited has exchanged contracts for The Swan in Lavenham and will take over on February 16.
By Jonathan Barnes
THE new owner of one of Suffolk's most prestigious and historic hotels was revealed last night.
Thorpeness and Aldeburgh Hotels Limited has exchanged contracts for The Swan in Lavenham and will take over on February 16.
It secured the 15th Century hotel – which has proved popular with the rich and famous for many years – for £4.5 million from the Scottish-based Macdonald Hotels chain.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Rowan-Robinson, chairman and managing director of Thorpeness and Aldeburgh Hotels Limited, said: "We are extremely excited to have acquired this prestigious hotel and will take great pride in its future growth and development.
"The Swan should be recognised as one of the finest hotels in the country and we very much look forward to welcoming both tourists and the residents of Lavenham."
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
The hotel will be run under the supervision of group operations director Grahame Tinnion, who said: "We will be placing a lot of emphasis on the style of food served at the Swan, which will be innovative and refreshing.
"My team relish the prospect of delivering the highest standards of food and service levels so that guests leave us already planning their next visit."
The beautiful interior of The Swan was created by top interior designer Ann Boyd, whose designs were heavily influenced by the discovery of medieval wall paintings within the half-timbered hotel.
The four-star hotel has 51 en-suite bedrooms, all of which are individual in style and furnishing.
In addition to a spacious bar, lounge and restaurant, The Swan also has three conference suites.
Famous guests at the hotel in recent years have included designer Valentino, musician Jools Holland and supermodel Claudia Schiffer.
Thorpeness and Aldeburgh Hotels Limited is the firm behind a number of popular hotels on the Suffolk coast, including the newly refurbished Brudenell in Aldeburgh.
The new owners also aim to make The Swan an attractive location for corporate conferences and weddings.