New plea after nightclub shooting
A RENEWED appeal for information was made today by police investigating the murder of a 24-year-old shot in a nightclub.Jimoh Plunkett was shot in the early hours of Saturday, December 9, after shots were fired in Zest, Princes Street, Ipswich.
A RENEWED appeal for information was made today by police investigating the murder of a 24-year-old shot in a nightclub.
Jimoh Plunkett was shot in the early hours of Saturday, December 9, after shots were fired in Zest, Princes Street, Ipswich.
Mr Plunkett from South London died later in Ipswich Hospital of a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Three other men were injured by gunshots and another was stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Superintendent David Cole, who is heading the murder investigation, said extensive work was under way to catch the person responsible for the killing.
He said: “We are still conducting searches at Zest and are viewing CCTV from inside the club to determine exactly what happened and who was in the venue at the time. It is important that anyone who was there that night comes forward as they could have information that can help this inquiry”.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
Police have interviewed the three other men who were shot and a bag containing a firearm was recovered from outside the club.
Zest remains closed after police successfully applied for a 28-day closure order. This decision will be reviewed by licensing authorities.
An inquest this week revealed a second post mortem examination is to be carried out on Mr Plunkett. It was first believed he had been stabbed but a post mortem revealed he had been shot with a small calibre gun.
Detectives want to hear from anyone who was in or near Zest on Friday night, December 8, in to the early hours of the following day.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 01473 782000 or text 07624 800174.