New Post Office opens in village
- Credit: Press Association
A new Post Office has opened as part of a modernisation and investment programme.
The Post Office in Old Newton, which opened on Monday, February 11, shares the unit with the village shop, offering a range of services including postal, billing and banking services, as well as groceries.
It is open 44 hours a week from Monday to Saturday.
Old Newton’s Post Office joins the Haughley and Wolsey Road branches in bringing vital services to the rural area surrounding Stowmarket.
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office area network change manager, said: “We know how important our services are to customers and are confident that this brand new Post Office, alongside the other branches in the area at Haughley and Wolsey Road, will have easy access to our services.”
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office will be run by Manish Patel, who is also postmaster for Mendlesham and Grundisburgh.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Crash between two motorbikes
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 10 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing