New Red Lodge primary school on schedule to open next year
- Credit: Archant
A new primary school in west Suffolk is on schedule to open in September next year, according to contractors developing the site.
The Pines Primary School, in Red Lodge, will initially provide reception, Year 1 and Year 2 places and will open as a one-form entry primary school with one-site childcare provision for 2-5-year-olds at the Pine Cones Pre-school.
Building contractors Morgan Sindall, who are developing the school in the Kings Warren Business Park, have confirmed the project is on schedule for completion for the start of the new academic year 2018.
The school and pre-school will be run by the Chilford Hundred Education Trust (CHET).
The trust’s existing schools include The Meadow Primary School in Balsham, Linton Heights Junior School and Linton Village College.
You may also want to watch:
Helena Marsh, executive principal of CHET, said: “We are excited about opening The Pines and Pine Cones and keen to work alongside educational partners at Suffolk County Council and parents to contribute to strong educational standards in west Suffolk.
“Our Teaching School Alliance, CASSA, has already played a part in developing teacher training and supporting schools in the area. The opening of The Pines gives us a greater opportunity to have a significant impact on learning in the area.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
“We are keen to listen to the school’s community to ensure that The Pines meets the needs of local residents and provides exceptional education.
“Meeting with families and children in the pre-opening phase is an important part of this. We enjoyed a well-attended event in Red Lodge in October and look forward to hearing from stakeholders through our consultation process.
“Recruiting staff and governors for the school is another key priority over the coming months.”
A consultation survey has been published to seek the views and wishes of residents in shaping the future of the new school. The survey is available at www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X2SF6DL or a copy can be downloaded from The Pines’ website at www.thepinesprimary.co.uk The trust will be running a recruitment event for prospective staff and governors on Tuesday, January 16, at The Meadow Primary School.
To contact the trust, visit their website www.chetrust.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org