New sales manager for van centres
- Credit: supplied
A motoring specialist from Norfolk has transferred his skills and expertise to help strengthen two Suffolk businesses.
Jonny Hudson has been appointed as sales manager for both Wolsey Van Centre in Ipswich and Volkswagen Van Centre at Bury St Edmunds.
The 31-year-old has moved from King’s Lynn and is responsible for maintaining existing relationships with businesses and van operators in the area as well as establishing new ones.
He secured the promotion after impressing management within the Marriott Motor Group, which owns the two commercial vehicle van centres, when he was the business manager at its Volkswagen car retailer at Lynn.
He said: “The Marriott Motor Group is a fantastic company to work for and, ever since I started at the Kings Lynn site, I knew it was an organisation I’d like to progress within.
You may also want to watch:
“Me and my family are moving to Stowmarket so I can be based within a perfect distance of both van centres and I’m grateful that the company is supporting me through the transition.”
His love for motors was ignited when he started working as a sales executive at Marshall Ford at Lynn. He went on to become a business manager at Marshall Toyota in Peterborough until 2012 when he decided to move to King’s Lynn Volkswagen.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
“Having worked with cars for most of my career, I’m now looking forward to transferring my skills to the commercial vehicle sector. My main focus will be to strengthen the existing customer service and develop a strategic focus that puts van operators’ needs at the heart of everything we do.”
Promotion is not the only thing Jonny has to celebrate.
“It’s a great time for my family. As well as securing my promotion and moving house, my wife has just given birth to our second daughter – it’s an exciting new chapter in all our lives.”
David Nichols, head of business at Wolsey Van Centre and Volkswagen Van Centre (Bury St Edmunds), said: “We are delighted to welcome Jonny to the team. We feel confident that his knowledge, enthusiasm and proven track record will help to grow the commercial vehicle presence across Suffolk.”