Suffolk Punch Trust welcomes new foal
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk Punch Trust has welcomed its first new punch foal of the year.
The foal known as Colony Fern was born on May 12 at the Trust's stud in Hollesley.
The Suffolk Punch Trust which works to preserve the breed which has become synonymous with the county has welcomed a new foal.
The foal known as Colony Fern was born on May 12 at the Trusts' stud in Hollesley.
A post on the Trust's Facebook page read: "We are thrilled to welcome Colony Fern into the world. Born on 12/05/19 out of Vumba Deeanne and sired by Shotleyfield Dazzling Duke. Both mother and daughter are doing extremely well.
"We hope you can come along to see them soon."
So far this year, 18 Suffolk Punch foals have been born around the world, including a number in the county itself.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
According to figures from the Suffolk Horse Society 26 new foals were born in 2018 including 15 colts and 11 fillies.
For 2019 it is hoped that this number will increase to 38 foals.