New site launched to help you find old friends
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Is there someone you wish you could get back in contact with? A new website may be able to help you.
The website can help you reconnect with schoolmates from over 24,000 schools in England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Schoolmates.co.uk is free and can be used by anyone who attended school in the last 100 years.
Chris Goodwin, founder of Schoolmates.co.uk, said:
“The beauty of the site is that it can be used by anyone and has appeal across all generations whether they are Snapchat, Instagram or Facebook users, the one commonality is that they all went to school.
You may also want to watch:
“I see the site as an extension of social media, but also caters for those who don’t want to be on Facebook or Twitter but would still like to be part of the community.
“Many of our users wont have heard of Friends Reunited so for them the idea is fresh, and for those who are old enough to remember – then they already grasp the concept.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
“This system has its own USPs and allows users to find old classmates by name or even nickname, and they can find friends from however many educational establishments they have attended.
“Even if you didn’t go to school together, you can still search schools in your area and create your own custom group of mates.”