New Suffolk wine shop will stock huge range of Champagnes, prosecco and wine
- Credit: Archant
The supplier, used by restaurants such as award-winning Maison Bleue, is opening on the high street of a historic village this December.
Award-winning merchant Nethergate Wines will open a boutique retail shop in Long Melford this December, selling a huge selection of wines, spirits, mixers, Champagnes and Nethergate beers.
Family-run Nethergate is a labour of love for owners Charles and Rosie Eaton, who met working for renowned wine merchants Lay and Wheeler 30 years ago, buying out Nethergate Wines together in 2006, and going on to win three Gold awards from Wine Searcher for the best European, French and Overall list in the county.
The couple are to open the doors to their new outlet at Little St Mary’s, Hall Street, on December 1. This follows a successful summer, during which, as well as supplying the trade, Nethergate developed nationwide deliveries, a click and collect shopping experience, and Zoom wine tastings.
“We are delighted to open the shop, despite this year’s challenges. It’s a showcase of our unique selection of independent wine producers and an opportunity to be part of the high street and community. We’d like to thank all our customers for their continued support and good cheer,” says Charles.
You may also want to watch:
Wine tasting evenings will soon be taking place at the boutique, and Rosie has been preparing Christmas gifts for all budgets. “Our wine gifts, stocking fillers, affordable ‘thankyou’ gifts for teachers and luxury gift packs will be available online and in our shop,” she says. “We also stock magnums of Champagne for a touch of festice glamour.”
Champagne is big business for Nethergate Wines, with the shop stocking an array of bottles from some of the top houses, including Joseph Perrier, Bollinger, Dom Perignon, Gruet, Louis Roederer and Veuve Cliquot. In addition, the shop sells 11 different vintages of prosecco -something for every pocket.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
The new shop will be open for Christmas shopping every day from December 1 until December 24.