New witness appeal after horror crash
POLICE have renewed their appeal for witnesses to a road crash which left a woman fighting for her life.
The accident happened in Warren Lane in Stanway, Colchester, when a Volvo and Toyota collided.
Police were called to the scene at 11.40am yesterday and closed the road as the casualties were treated.
The black Volvo XC90 had been travelling in the direction of Maldon Road while the blue Toyota Corolla was going the opposite way.
The 36-year-old woman who was driving the Volvo was treated for facial injuries at Colchester General Hospital and released.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, from Tiptree, was travelling with her six-month-old son who was escaped injury in the crash.
The female driver of the Toyota suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s hospital in Cambridge.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
Police said she was in a “critical but stable condition.”
Officers are appealing for the driver of a small white car, which is thought to have been travelling behind the Volvo, to come forward.
They believe the driver of the car could have important information about the accident.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Roger Manser at Stanway Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.