Newmarket: £1k reward for help to trace stolen Land Rover Defender
A businessman has offered a reward after a burglary at his home, which happened while his 16-year-old son was inside.
A new Land Rover Defender, worth £32,000, and keys to a Rolls-Royce, Ferrari and Bentley were stolen from the property in Snailwell Road, Newmarket, between 6.15pm and 6.55pm on November 28.
Adrian Parry, 49, who has worked in car insurance for 32 years, is offering a £1,000 reward and will donate £1,000 to charity for information leading to a successful arrest and conviction.
He said: “I’m a local employer. We had lived at the current house for 11 years without any problems. It’s just really upsetting for someone to violate our property and steal our car. My eldest son was in the property at the time. He’s very concerned these people will come back knowing they still have the keys to the other cars.”
Mr Parry and his wife were out when the burglary took place. Their son heard noises but did not venture outside as he thought it was his parents returning home.
The Land Rover Defender, registration SB13 UJR, was taken from the driveway and the offenders forced the garage door and stole the keys from a safe inside. Mr Parry said locks were being changed on the cars that had their keys taken and security is being upgraded at the gated property.
Anyone with information about the burglary is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong