Newmarket: 21-year-old crash tragedy victim named
A YOUNG woman killed after she was struck by a car has today been named by police.
The accident happened shortly before midnight in Isleham Road, Fordham, near Newmarket, on Monday.
Despite desperate efforts by medical workers to save her, the 21-year-old woman died a few hours later at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Cambridgeshire police have this morning confirmed that the young woman was Georgina Bailey, who lives in Isleham Road, Fordham.
An inquest into her death will be opened later today in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the collision, which involved a VW Scirocco car driven by a 21-year-old man, who is also from Fordham. He was not injured in the incident.
Anybody with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 0345 4564564.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!