‘They all looked amazing’ – Newmarket Academy’s prom in pictures
- Credit: KEELEY HOYLE
Dressed in all their gladrags, these Newmarket Academy students looked splendid as they celebrated years of hard work at their school’s prom.
These year-11 students have been more used to wearing school uniforms over the past five years.
But they swapped those for smart prom dresses as suits at a glitzy celebration at Bedford Lodge Spa and Hotel in Newmarket, arriving in an array of eye-catching vehicles.
There was some tough competition for the coveted titles of prom king, queen, prince and princess winners - but the show was perhaps stolen by one teenager who performed an impromptu rap during lots of singing and dancing by the students.
Sophie Gynn, head of year-11 at Newmarket Academy, said: "This year group have been fantastic and our leavers' day and prom are a real celebration of the hard work they put into their exams and the five years they have spent at Newmarket Academy.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a night which is very much enjoyed by staff and students. The students all looked amazing and it was a lovely way to say goodbye to the class of 2019."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk