Newmarket: Air ambulance called to crash on A14 near junction with A11 in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
There has been a crash on the A14 near Newmarket.
It took place at the junction of the A142 and A14 when a car and an articulated lorry collided.
Three people were trapped in the car by their injuries and had to be freed by fire crews who were at the scene about 4.15.
There were lane closures in both directions and the central reservation has been damaged.
The westbound carriageway is still closed and the eastbound carriageway was also closed earlier to allow an air ambulance to land.
You may also want to watch:
All the casualties were freed just after 5pm. A man in his 70s was treated by air ambulance staff at the scene and transported to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance. He was in a life threatening condition.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks