Guns, ammo and drugs seized by armed police in Suffolk
- Credit: Met Police
Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of weapons and drug offences following armed raids at locations including Suffolk.
Operations took place on Monday in Aylesbury, Thetford and Newmarket.
Detectives from the Met's specialist crime unit carried out the joint operation with Thames Valley Police and Norfolk Constabulary.
Six firearms, ammunition and suspected class A drugs were recovered, and two people were arrested, after a vehicle was stopped by armed officers in Newmarket, the Met reported.
Three people were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to import firearms following a search of premises in Aylesbury.
You may also want to watch:
A man was arrested after armed officers from Norfolk Constabulary stopped a vehicle in Thetford and found £9,000 cash.
A woman was arrested after a subsequent search of a house in Aylesbury resulted in the discovery of a handgun.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw