Newmarket: Blaze at Central Fish Bar takeaway shop and restaurant

A fire is put out at a fish and chip shop in Newmarket.

A fire is put out at a fish and chip shop in Newmarket. - Credit: Archant

There was a fire on the ground floor of the Central Fish Bar takeaway shop and restaurant in Newmarket last night.

The fire service was called to the building in Market Street at 10.20pm.

Crews used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel and one jet to extinguish the fire.

The blaze was under control at 11.03pm and both crews from Newmarket had returned to their base by 11.51pm.