Newmarket: Cigarettes stolen after gang ambush lorry
A DELIVERY lorry parked on a petrol station forecourt was ambushed by a gang of men, who stole four large bags of cigarettes.
The lorry was parked in High Street, Newmarket when the robbery happened between 6.35am and 6.45am this morning.
Whilst the lorry was parked with its rear doors open, three or four men entered the vehicle.
When inside they pushed the female driver to the ground and stole the cigarettes.
The men got into a dark coloured vehicle and drove away.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the men are described as all wearing dark hooded tops.
Officers investigating are appealing for any information in relation to the incident.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
Anyone who was in the area at the time or have information about what happened should call Sgt Wayne Taylor on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.