Two arrested after 110 wraps of suspected class A drugs seized at Newmarket house
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested two people in connection with drug offences after a raid on a house in Newmarket.
Officers found more than 100 wraps of suspected class A drugs after carrying out a search warrant on Saturday March 30 on a property in Windsor Road.
During a search of the property police recovered 110 wraps of suspected crack cocaine, a package containing a powder substance believed to be heroin, and a further quantity of suspected crack cocaine.
Officers also recovered around £500 in cash, mobile phones and electronic scales
A 27-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man were arrested at the house on suspicion of being concerned in supplying a controlled drug.
You may also want to watch:
They were both taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and were both later released under investigation pending further inquiries.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open