Man arrested in connection with stabbing of boy, 15
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested overnight in connection with the stabbing of a teenager.
Suffolk police were called at 7.30pm on Wednesday to reports that a teenage boy, 15, had been stabbed in Elizabeth Avenue, Newmarket.
The boy was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment and was said to be in a stable condition last night.
His injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
A road closure and police cordon were in place at the junction of Elizabeth Avenue and Exning Road last night.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman confirmed on Thursday morning that one person had been arrest on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop