Newmarket: England footballer Ledley King admits speeding
TOTTENHAM and England footballer Ledley King is facing a driving ban after being clocked travelling at more than 100mph in Suffolk.
King, 30, of Cuffley, Hertfordshire, admitted breaking a 70mph limit on the A14 near Newmarket, Suffolk, in June.
But he argued that he had been travelling at no more than 95mph - not the 105mph recorded by a policeman using a laser speed gun.
Magistrates in Sudbury ruled today that King, who was not in court, had been correctly clocked at 105mph after hearing lawyers' arguments.
Sentencing was adjourned until December 15.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates said they were considering disqualification and said King, who also admits driving a car with tinted windows which allowed an "insufficient transmission of light", should appear in person at the sentencing hearing.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence