Newmarket: House fire caused by tumble dryer
FIREFIGHTERS were scrambled to a house blaze late last night.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the house fire in Freshfields, Newmarket, just before 10.45pm.
Two crews from Newmarket were sent to the scene and found the first floor of the semi-detached property well alight.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus fought the flames using two hose reels to extinguish the fire by 11.20pm.
The property was then ventilated.
The blaze was caused by a tumble dryer in a bedroom.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking