Newmarket: Man arrested after woman in 50s assaulted and has handbag stolen in supermarket car park
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man has been arrested after a woman was assaulted and had her handbag stolen in a supermarket car park.
A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of robbery after a woman in her 50s was assaulted in a supermarket car park in Fred Archer Way, Newmarket, at around 6pm on Thursday.
The victim was walking across the car park when she was approached by a man who attempted to grab her handbag.
She was pulled to the floor and assaulted before the man ran off with her handbag.
A 29-year-old man, from Newmarket, is in police custody at the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
He is set to be questioned by officers.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go