Newmarket: Man found hanging in the street in The Watercourse
POLICE are seeking relatives of a man who died after he was found hanging in the street.
The man, thought to be in his 40s, was discovered hanging in The Watercourse, Newmarket, around 9.40pm yesterday.
Ambulance crews were called to the scene by a member of the public who had found the body.
Despite efforts by paramedics, who took the man down, he was declared dead at the scene.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the man, from the Newmarket area, had not been named as efforts were still being made to track down his next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk coroner will be informed in due course and an inquest opened into the death.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week