Newmarket: Man mugged by gang after night out
- Credit: Archant
A teenager walking through Newmarket has been attacked by a gang who stole his mobile phone and wallet.
The attack happened on a path known locally as the Yellow Brick Road, near to the Ian Trethowan House flats, at around 1am today.
The gang of three men set upon the victim, knocking him to the floor while kicking and punching him.
The 17-year-old man was carrying little cash and his mobile phone was taken. He was left with minor injuries.
A police spokesman said the man was wearing a suit and is believed to have been on his way back from a night at Newmarket Racecourses.
You may also want to watch:
The attackers were all wearing hooded tops with the hoods up and bandanas across their faces. They ran off towards Exeter Road.
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time of this incident and may have seen the offenders beforehand or afterwards.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Ian Webb at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.