Newmarket: Police seeking man after young girl assaulted
POLICE are appealing for information after a young girl was followed and assaulted in Newmarket last night.
The 16-year-old was walking along the yellow brick road next to the river between 7.30pm and 7.45pm.
As she approached the area around Fred Winter House, she noticed a man holding a black bag and a bottle of alcohol.
As the girl passed, he asked if she would like a drink.
She told him to leave her alone and carried on walking, but the man then began to follow her.
You may also want to watch:
The girl sped up and hid in an alleyway leading to Bill Rickaby Drive for a few minutes.
As she began to leave, the man appeared and approached her.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 7 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
He grabbed the girl’s arm and again offered her a drink, which she declined. He then proceeded to pull open her coat before she pushed him away and ran off, shaken but unharmed.
The man is described as white, of medium build, around 5ft 6ins, aged 40 to 50 years old, with a beard, a round face and a deep voice.
He was wearing a long dark blue puffa jacket and a dirty white baseball cap.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the Mildenhall Response Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.