Man arrested on suspicion of rape after alleged attack at horse auction house
- Credit: Archant
A 44-year-old man has been arrested following an alleged rape which happened at the Tattersalls sales complex in Newmarket.
The attack reportedly took place between 10.30pm and 10.45pm on Saturday, September 19.
The suspect, a 44-year-old man, was arrested in The Avenue at 4.20am on Sunday taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning and released on bail until October 15.
A police spokesman said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
They added that the victim is being supported by specialist trained officers while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/54778/20, by calling 101.
Alternatively, witnesses can visit this website.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 10 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town