CCTV images of man police want to speak to after Waitrose theft
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police have issued CCTV images of a man they would like to identify in connection with a theft at the Newmarket branch of Waitrose.
A woman in her 90s had a handbag stolen from her trolley while she shopped at the store, in Fred Archer Way, at around 12.30pm on Saturday, November 10.
Cash was subsequently withdrawn from the victim’s bank account.
Officers have now released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who recognises the man pictured should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference 37/65361/18.
Alternatively, this can be reported online on the force’s website here.Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also issued advice to the public about how to protect themselves from thefts:
• Keep your purse in a zipped up handbag or inside pocket.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 3 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 4 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 5 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 6 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 7 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 8 Covid rate falling across Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 Town have 27 first teamers available... And Taylor hints at the return of squad rotation
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused
• Use a bag with a shoulder strap and wear it across your body, with the zip facing inwards.
• Never leave your purse or hand bag unattended, even for a short time, for example hanging off a shopping trolley.
• Put your cash and cards away before you leave the till or ATM.
• Never write your PIN down or share it with anyone else.
People are also asked to not leave their belongings unattended.