Newmarket: Three bailed as inquiries into wedding reception disorder continues
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Three people arrested after a fight broke out at a wedding reception in Newmarket have been released on police bail.
Police officers were called to the scene, at the Rowley Mile Racecourse, just after 11.45pm on Saturday to reports of a disturbance.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said a 49-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assault and affray and a 25-year-old man and a 24-year-old man both arrested on suspicion of affray had been bailed until September 24. All three men are from Ely.
Amy Starkey, Regional Director for the east at Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “I can confirm that an incident took place late on Saturday at the end of a private function in the Millennium Grandstand on The Rowley Mile Racecourse. As the police are now conducting inquiries, it would be not be appropriate for Newmarket Racecourses to comment further.”