Newmarket: Two arrested as fight breaks out among wedding reception guests at racecourse
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Two people were arrested last night after a “fist fight” broke out at a wedding reception in Newmarket.
Police were called to the Rowley Mile Racecourse just after 11.45pm to reports of a disturbance – it is understood the incident happened in the lobby of the Rowley Mile Millennium Stand.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the incident happened between two guests at the reception.
Two people were arrested for affray, with one also being arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer.
One person has been released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations are ongoing
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 9 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'