Newmarket woman admits causing deaths of two men by dangerous driving

Crown Court, Ipswich. Picture: ARCHANT

Crown Court, Ipswich. Picture: ARCHANT - Credit: Archant

A Suffolk woman is facing a lengthy prison sentence after admitting two offences of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash in Newmarket last month.

Thirty-two-year-old Sadie Fuller was driving at speed and was under the influence of drugs at the time of the collision between two cars in Exning Road, Newmarket, on May 27, Ipswich Crown Court heard.

Today Fuller, of Exning Road, Newmarket, pleaded guilty to causing the deaths of Marius Geoacas and Paul Gale by dangerous driving and causing serious injury to Amy Hillario by dangerous driving.

She also admitted possessing heroin, driving without insurance and driving without a licence on the same date.

She pleaded not guilty to an offence of attempting to pervert the course of justice and this offence was ordered to be left on the court file.

You may also want to watch:

Judge John Devaux adjourned sentence to a date to be fixed after July 24 to allow victim impact statements to be obtained from the families of Mr Geoacas, Mr Gale and from Miss Hillario.

Chris Youell, prosecuting, said Fuller had been driving at excessive speed and was under the influence of drugs at the time of the collision.

Most Read

“It is quite likely she is going to receive a lengthy custodial sentence,” said Mr Youell.

Joanne Eley, for Fuller, said her client was aware of the sentencing guidelines and was not asking for a pre-sentence to be prepared by the probation service.

Fuller appeared at court via a prison video link for today’s hearing and Miss Eley asked that her client be allowed to appear via a prison video link for the sentencing hearing.

Police were called to a crash involving a blue Volkswagen Golf driven by Fuller and a silver Renault Laguna at around 11.50pm on May 27 in Exning Road, Newmarket, close to the A14.

A 20-year-old man who was driving the Laguna and a 43-year-old male passenger of the Golf died at the scene.

Fuller was arrested following the collision and received treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital while under police guard.

Following her discharge from hospital she was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.

Fuller was remanded in custody until the sentencing hearing.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus