Nearly 400 more people die in England from coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
New figures from the government have shown that almost 400 people in England have died from coronavirus.
A total of 1,651 people who have tested positive for coronavirus in England have died, up 367 from 1,284 on Monday, NHS England said.
NHS England said those who died were all in hospital and their ages ranged from 19 to 98.
All but 28 of the patients had underlying health conditions. The 28 who did not were aged between 19 and 91.
Their families have been informed.
Nationally 3,009 new cases were identified in the UK; the largest rise on any single day.
Regional figures will be released later.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business