Coronavirus death toll rises above 300
- Credit: PA
More than 300 people who tested positive for the coronavirus have since died, NHS England has confirmed this afternoon.
The total number of reported deaths in England has now risen to 303, up 46 from yesterday.
Earlier today, it emerged that a patient in north east Essex had died after contracting the disease.
NHS England said in a statement: “A further 46 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 303.
“Patients were aged between 47 and 105 years old and all had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
You may also want to watch:
The new deaths (as of March 23) are confirmed as being at the following trusts:
• Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (1)
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
• Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (1)
• West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (1)
• St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (2)
• Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust (2)
• Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (1)
• Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (1)
• University College London Hospital NHS Trust (2)
• Royal Free London NHS Trust (4)
• Barts Healthcare NHS Trust (1)
• Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Trust (2)
• North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust (1)
• Epsom and St. Helier NHS Trust (3)
• Worcester Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (1)
• Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust (2)
• The Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS Trust (1)
• Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust (1)
• South Warwickshire NHS Trust (1)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (3)
• Sunderland and South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust (2)
• Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (4)
• Bolton NHS Foundation Trust (1)
• Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (3)
• Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (1)
• Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (2)
• Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust (2)
MORE: NHS heroes share pictures of staff working hard as coronavirus pressure rises• For all the latest information about the coronavirus, join our Facebook group.You can also sign up for our newsletter and stay updated with the latest coronavirus news here.