Night of racing will be odds-on favourite
A GLITTERING night of racing is to be laid on at one of the world’s most famous racecourses to raise vital funds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Sponsored by the EADT, the event will take place at the Rowley Mile Racecourse in Newmarket on May 12 and is being being organised by the hospice’s Special Events Committee.
There will be six races, all of which are to be sponsored by businesses and individuals.
Racegoers will enjoy the thrilling atmosphere of the course and an exclusive party in the Champions Gallery Restaurant, with its panoramic window overlooking the finishing post.
Guests will also enjoy a three-course meal plus coffee, and a Champagne reception sponsored by Piper Heidsieck.
You may also want to watch:
Derek ‘Tommo’ Thompson, the Channel 4 racing presenter and commentator, and Derby-winning horse trainer Pete Chapple-Hyam, will provide entertainment.
Champions Gallery Restaurant tickets cost �60 each, with all income over basic expenses going towards the running of the Hospice.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Richard Lindsey, who us heading the event with support from his colleagues from the special events committee, said: “The St Nicholas Hospice Care Race Evening will not only have all the excitement and atmosphere of the races, but it will raise much-needed funds for our local hospice, which relies on the support of fundraisers.
“We urge people to buy tickets for what promises to be a very special night.”
For more information about the event, or to discuss sponsorship options, contact Mr Lindsey on 07803 200035 or email email@example.com.
Customers who quote STNH11 when booking will receive a 20% discount online and 10% when booking over the phone, while �1 for every ticket booked will be donated to the hospice. Premier tickets usually cost �23 each and grandstand and paddock tickets �16. To get the discount people must book before May 4. Book online at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 0844 579 3010.