Driver in 80s hurt as Mercedes collides with parked car
- Credit: Google
A man in his 80s was injured when the car he was driving collided with a parked vehicle on a Suffolk road.
The crash happened just after 10am on Friday morning near Southwold.
A Mercedes Benz collided with a parked Volkswagen Passat in Nightingale Avenue, Reydon.
Police and the ambulance service were called to a stretch of the road at the rear of The Randolph pub at about 10.06am.
The road was blocked to traffic while emergency services responded.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the driver of the Mercedes – a man in his 80s – was injured in the collision.
They said his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 3 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 7 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed