Nine-day Cath Kidston catalogue photoshoot in Southwold boosts local business
- Credit: Archant
Fashion and lifestyle brand Cath Kidston shot its Autumn/Winter 2017 collection in Southwold last month, after Screen Suffolk helped bring it to the seaside town.
The nine-day shoot for clothing, homewares and accessories took place in a host of locations including High Street, Church Street, Victoria Street and East Green, as well as the pier and Southwold beach.
Sarah Charrington, on-set producer for Lucy Watson Productions which carried out the shoot, said: “From a creative point of view, of course the light is very beautiful and the beach is lovely.
“Here, the production shot on a beautiful variety of streetscapes, in a private location house, on the beach and on the common – each literally a short walk away from the other. “
The visit has helped boost local firms including hotels, bakeries, caterers and taxi firms.
The Screen Suffolk deal was inked in July between Suffolk County Council and Film Fixer, and aims to help boost the county by bringing film and TV productions, photoshoots and advertisers to Suffolk.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich