New nine flights a week service during the summer
- Credit: Archant
Air Corsica launches new routes from London Stansted Airport to Corsica
Air Corsica launched its new routes between London Stansted and the airports of Ajaccio and Bastia this week.
This is the first time the low cost carrier has operated scheduled flights in the UK, operating nine flights every week from May until November. The third service to Figari will be added on June 2.
Hervé Pierret, Air Corsica’s managing director said: “We are proud to become a new operator at London Stansted airport and offer up to nine weekly services to Corsica from next summer, bringing island-to-island services at competitive “all inclusive” prices with no add-on fees. We expect that these new routes will not take long to become a firm favourite as an easily accessible and affordable destination and will no doubt provide more than a match for the long-established Mediterranean resorts”
Martin Jones, London Stansted’s Commercial Director, said: “I am delighted to welcome Air Corsica to London Stansted for the inaugural flights from Bastia and Ajaccio, the airline’s first ever scheduled flights to and from the UK, and I also look forward to the start of the third new service to Figari next month.
You may also want to watch:
“Corsica is a fantastic addition to our growing network, and I’m sure these exciting new services will prove to be very popular not only with passengers from across London and the east of England region looking to holiday on this fantastic island but also with Corsicans who now have affordable, convenient and direct access to our region and beyond.
“Everyone at the airport looks forward to working closely with the Air Corsica team to create a strong partnership and generate even more interest in Corsica and London Stansted, and ensure these new routes are a huge success.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots