Father, mother and son lose combined weight of over nine stones
- Credit: Archant
Father, mother and son Paul, Joann and Lee Dale have between them been hailed as super slimmers after losing a combined weight of just over nine stones.
The trio from Great Whelnetham joined up with their local Slimming World group at the village’s community centre in a bid to shed the pounds in a bid to reverse health issues they were suffering from.
And in the past seven months they have lost a total of nine stone three pounds.
Joann said: “We all got breathless and had no energy. We had severe stomach problems and I had diabetes which was out of control. We found doing everyday things difficult because the weight got in the way.
“We have committed to seeing it succeed and we never thought we would turn into healthy eaters but it seems to have happened.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all so happy with our weight loss and feel healthier than we have done in a lot of years. “Breathlessness is a thing of the past and we are fitter now, going for long walks and bike rides which we found difficult before.
“The stomach problems have disappeared and the diabetes is totally under control, to the point that, if things continue as they are, medication may be stopped.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
The Great Whelnetham Slimming World group is held every Tuesday at 6pm at Great Whelnetham Community Centre. For further information please contact Susan McGregor on 07899 754273.