Nish Kumar, Ipswich Regent review: ‘He had us giggling all the way through’
- Credit: Archant
I am a fan of Nish Kumar on Mock The Week, so I was looking forward to his ‘It’s In Your Nature To Destroy Yourselves’ stand-up show.
We were entertained from the off with warm up by David Trent, who prepared us for Nish’s set.
Nish is well known for his political content and didn’t disappoint on the night.
With some hilarious Brexit opinions and no holds barred criticism of all that is wrong with the UK (and the US, he didn’t forget to mention Trump!), he had us giggling all the way through.
He delivers an angry wit which is relatable and voices the frustrations of many a member of the public.
He certainly tackled every political issue facing us with an intellectual viewpoint whether you agreed or not, the one thing the audience clearly agreed on was how funny he was!
There was the obligatory audience participation (some not invited!) and don’t head for the toilet as your return will not go without a mention.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 8 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 9 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 10 Great Suffolk car-making dream to be relived as Strada 4-88 comes home to show
I was unsure as to how funny his stand up would be as panel shows are a very different beast however it was a laugh out loud 90 minutes that I would happily sit through again.