No animals harmed after small electrical fire at Ipswich vets

Two fire crews were called to the incident. Picture: PHIL MORLEY

Two fire crews were called to the incident. Picture: PHIL MORLEY - Credit: Archant

A small fire took place at an Ipswich vet surgery on Wednesday night.

Two fire engines - one from Ipswich East and one from Princes Street - were called to a fire at the Vets 4 Pets surgery on Handford Road shortly after 5.20pm.

A spokesperson for the fire service said that a small fire had broken out in an electrical box at the surgery and that UK Power Networks were called to the scene to turn off the power in the building before the scene was made safe.

Following the incident Vets for Pets released a statement on their Facebook page saying: “We have had a small electrical fault in the building this evening which has taken out our power and has prevented us from transferring phone calls to our Out of Hours practice at VetsNow.”

Staff at the surgery confirmed that no animals had been harmed in the incident and that services had continued as normal on Thursday.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus