No further action against suspect
POLICE will take no action against a man who was due to answer bail in connection with a shooting at a nightclub in Ipswich.
A 23-year-old man, who was 22 at the time of his arrest, was due to answer bail at 12pm today, at Wembley Police Station.
However, Suffolk Police confirmed that his bail had been cancelled and no further action will be taken against him.
Four men who were also arrested in connection with the incident, had their bail cancelled in August. They will face no further action.
A man suffered a gunshot wound and four others were injured during the incident at the Caribbean Club, in Woodbridge Road, on December 19 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Four of the injured men were taken to Ipswich Hospital following the brawl. A fifth man took himself to hospital with a gunshot wound.
None of the five men, all from Ipswich, were seriously injured in the incident.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police appealed for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward.
Anyone who was at the Caribbean club overnight between December 18 and 19 or was in the surrounding area between 3am and 5am is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.