‘No further action’ over death of dad-to-be

IPSWICH: A 36-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assaulting tragic father-to-be Karl Crisp before his death has had his bail cancelled.

Suffolk Police announced today no further action will be taken against the man.

Mr Crisp, 38, collapsed at the home he shared with his partner, Georgia Fox, in Landseer Road, on March 6.

Although paramedics treated Mr Crisp at the scene, he was taken to Ipswich hospital where he later died.

The 36-year-old was also arrested after Mr Crisp’s death as a murder probe began.

You may also want to watch:

But no further action was taken against the man after a post mortem revealed Mr Crisp had died of natural causes.

Miss Fox, 39, who was expecting the couple’s first child together, said after Mr Crisp’s death: “Karl was looking forward to being a father.

Most Read

“He was just so excited about it.

“Karl was planning everything with me. He loved children.”

Miss Fox said Karl had been having headaches before he collapsed but had never had a fit.

She described trying to help Karl on the day he collapsed at their home.

“It was really sudden,” she said. “I heard banging noises.

I didn’t think anything of it at first. I went upstairs and as I got to the t op of the stairs Karl said ‘my head, my head’. He was already on the floor but then just started convulsing.”

Tributes to the popular character poured in after the former Copleston and Stoke High School student died.

Earl Gillis, 44, of Paper Mill Lane, Bramford, said: “Karl was popular with everybody. He was known in every pub in Ipswich. He was just a very, very loved man and will be sadly missed.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus