Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust appoints interim director of nursing after damning inspection report
- Credit: NSFT
An interim director of nursing, quality and patient safety has been appointed at the region’s mental health trust.
Dawn Collins, who has been deputy director of nursing and education since joining Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT) two years ago, took on the role following the resignation of Jane Sayer on Wednesday.
In her new position, she will be responsible for all aspects of nursing at the trust.
Along with the rest of the board, she will support improvements in quality and patient safety – two key areas highlighted by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in its recent inspection report.
MORE: Not enough staff, not enough beds – inspectors brand region’s mental health trust inadequate againMs Collins, who trained as a nurse in Kings Lynn in 1986, said: “I am delighted to have been offered this new role.
“It’s a brilliant opportunity to drive forward significant improvements for our service users and their families and carers, and I look forward to starting that work as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The CQC report has brought with it huge challenges, but also gives us a fantastic chance to drive through changes which will make a real difference to some of the most vulnerable people in our society.”
MORE: Pressure mounting on failing mental health trust top teamMs Collins, who will also become a member of the trust board, has worked in a variety of roles throughout her 30-year career.
She has taken on senior positions in Yorkshire and at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
It is hoped she will help to shape NSFT’s direction and future strategy in her new role.