BMW driver in ‘ridiculous overtake’ tests positive for drugs
A driver tried to give police false details after a performing what they described as a “ridiculous overtake” on an unmarked car.
After being pulled over by traffic officers, police said the motorist - driving a BMW - then tested positive for cannabis in a drug wipe test at the roadside.
He also had no licence or insurance, police said.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team Tweeted a picture of the vehicle involved in the incident in Bury St Edmunds on Thursday, January 10 and wrote: “This vehicle was seen doing a ridiculous overtake by an unmarked #RAPT unit in #BuryStEdmunds.
“The driver provided false details. He has no licence or insurance and gave a positive @DrugWipeUK for #Cannabis.”
You may also want to watch:
Drink and drug-driving is considered as one of the “fatal four” road offences along with speeding, using a mobile phone while driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health