Car with slick tyres stopped
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a car with illegal slick tyres told police that he had let them become so worn because he could not afford to get new ones.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team stopped the silver Ford Focus vehicle on Tuesday, February 12 due to the way the car was being driven.
They Tweeted shortly after the incident in Stowmarket: “Vehicle stopped in #Stowmarket @PoliceStow due to its manner of driving.
“The front two tyres were found to be illegal #slicks. The driver stated he couldn’t afford to change them.
“It’s going to be even more costly now. He has been reported.”
You may also want to watch:
Worn tyres are said to be particularly dangerous in the wet, because a tyre’s tread can disperse water and help the car stay on the road.
The maximum punishment per tyre is £2,500 and three penalty points on a driving licence - meaning someone could lose their licence is all four tyres are illegal.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 4 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash