Car with blown out tyre left gouges along A14 before crashing
- Credit: Archant
These are the dramatic images police took of a car reportedly driven along the A14 at 60mph with a blown out tyre, leaving gouges in the road before it crashed.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said officers received reports from the members of the public of the Rover vehicle driving westbound along the road at Stowmarket at 3pm on Thursday, November 22.
Officers Tweeted: “This vehicle was reported to have been driving at 60mph on the #A14 at #Stowmarket with one tyre blown out.
“After following the gouges in the road, it was located crashed.
“The driver was three times over the drink drive limit #arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
The pictures show damage to the windscreen and to the front of the vehicle.
Police said they took a hair sample from what they termed as the “bullseye” of the damage on the windscreen.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Karl Fuller: 'We should bottle the feeling of our last five days'
They also claimed the vehicle was uninsured.