Motorist caught driving home for Christmas...without insurance!
A motorist driving home for Christmas found it was a longer trip than usual - after police seized the car for not having valid insurance.
Traffic officers Tweeted to say the Peugeot 207 estate car was driving home for the festive season along the A14 at Bury St Edmunds on Christmas Eve.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team Tweeted a picture of the offending vehicle and wrote: “This vehicle was stopped on the #A14 at #BuryStEdmunds this afternoon.
“They were driving home for Christmas...Unfortunately without insurance #Seized.”
Under Section 165 of the Road Traffic Act, police have the power to seize any vehicle that is being driven without a valid insurance policy or where the driver does not hold a valid driving licence.
You may also want to watch:
Following a seizure of a vehicle, officers are required to issue a seizure notice and leaflet, as well as inform drivers that, if they want to recover the vehicle, they must comply with the instructions contained within the leaflet.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 3 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 4 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 5 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 6 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 7 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 8 Covid rate falling across Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 Town have 27 first teamers available... And Taylor hints at the return of squad rotation
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused