Norfolk: Man dies after car ends up in river
A MAN has died after the car he was driving ended up in a river.
The incident happened in Ferry Road, Surlingham, near Norwich, and officers were called to the scene at just after 5.20pm yesterday.
A green Nissan Micra was found at just after 7.15pm and the man’s body was found inside.
The vehicle was recovered by the emergency services.
A police spokesman said: “It is not thought anyone else was in the vehicle at the time of the incident and no-one else was hurt.
“Enquiries into establishing the circumstances surrounding the incident continue but, at this time, there are not thought there are any suspicious circumstances.”
Police are now in the process of trying to confirm the identify the man and informing his next of kin.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.