Norfolk: Man dies after road accident near Diss
A MALE passenger in a Renault Kangoo van involved in a collision near Diss yesterday died from his injuries in the aftermath of the crash.
The man was with three other people travelling in the Renault which collided with a yellow Ford Transit Tipper van on the B1077 at the junction with Hayward Road in Shelfanger shortly before 4pm.
A second male suffered serious injuries while another male and female suffered slight injuries. All were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. The occupants of the tipper van were not injured.
Police closed the road while clearing up at the scene and fire crews from Diss and East Harling were also called, though nobody was trapped in the wreckage. The road was reopened shortly after 8pm.
Three men, aged 20, 27 and 59, were arrested at the scene in connection with the incident and have been taken into police custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to the driver of a red lorry seen in the area prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the accident and may have information on the driving manner of either vehicle.
Anyone with information in relation to the incident should phone Sgt Alex Bucher at Swaffham road policing on 101.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season