Norfolk: Man dies in tragedy at Norwich’s Castle Mall
A MAN has died after a tragedy in Norwich’s Castle Mall shopping centre.
Emergency services were called to the shopping centre at about 7.20pm tonight after reports that a man was hurt in the centre.
Police found a man on the ground level with serious injuries.
Firefighters, an ambulance crew and other paramedics went to the scene.
Medical staff tried to save the man’s life, but police confirmed he had died.
While police have not revealed any further details about what happened, there have been reports that the man had fallen from a higher level at the shopping centre.
Tonight was late night shopping in Norwich and the Castle Mall, along with the Vue cinema were evacuated to allow emergency services to attend the scene.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
A seal was put in place and investigations are under way to determine the circumstances surrounding the death, which at this stage is not being treated as suspicious.
Officers are urging anyone who saw what happened to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.