Norfolk: Stranded motorist is sexually assaulted
POLICE in Norfolk are appealing for witnesses after a stranded driver was sexually assaulted by someone she believed had stopped to assist her.
The incident happened in a lay-by on the A47 Yarmouth-bound carriageway near Brundall at about 6pm on Thursday.
The victim, a woman in her 40s, had parked her broken-down Vauxhall Astra in the lay-by and was attempting to fix the vehicle when a man pulled over and offered to help.
He then sexually assaulted her before driving off.
Investigating officers are keen to speak to anyone with information about this incident.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can call Norfolk Police on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 5 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 6 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 7 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed