Norfolk: Third body discovered on county’s waterways over weekend
A THIRD body was discovered on Norfolk’s rivers over the weekend, it has emerged.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust were called to reports of the suspected death of a man in his 70s on a boat at Brundall Marina, near Norwich, just before 2.30pm on Sunday.
An ambulance service spokesman said when they arrived the man, who has not been named, was already dead.
The body was the third to be discovered on waterways in Norfolk over the weekend.
The bodies of a man, who has been formally identified as John Didier, 41, a US citizen who had been living in Mitcham, Surrey, and a woman were recovered from the River Bure on the Norfolk Broads on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Home Office post mortem examinations have revealed the man died as a result of drowning, while the woman, 49, also from Mitcham in Surrey, is likely to have died as a result of strangulation.
They were found by divers brought in by police after the woman’s daughter was found alone aboard a hired pleasure cruiser. Police continue to treat the deaths as a domestic incident. A file is being prepared for the coroner for inquest.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster